Since I last posted - eons ago - a lot of "firsts" have happened around our house.
1) Ethan took his first steps last month. Now he is a full fledged walker!
2) Ethan turned 1 year old and was the first one of our children that did not devour their piece of cake but instead gingerly licked off the frosting. :)
3) We removed the stair guard for the first time since Ethan became mobile. He can now go up and down the stairs independently! (I just need to convince people of the importance of keeping the toilet lids shut.)
4) The first snow fell and stuck to the ground. My kids were so excited they put on all their snow gear and went and played in the snow. (I was not so excited until it melted a few hours later.)
5) I bought my first mini season ski pass. (Granted it could be my last, but Rick also bought me skis and boots. Alas...)
6) For the first time Lindsey had all satisfactory marks on her report card even in citizenship. (She's a talker. Wonder where she gets that from?) We were so excited we celebrated by getting take-out and watching a movie.
7) Rick went hunting for the first (and second and....) time.
8) Emily went to her first "friend" birthday party.
9) Jacob has his first loose teeth. (Now that he's gotten over the shock of what a loose tooth feels like he's pretty excited about loosing one. Today he even brought dental floss in the car to try and pull them out.)
10) For the first time in more than a month I actually posted something on my blog. Wahoo!

3 comments:
Wahoo it is! It has been nearly 2 months! Glad to hear from you again. Sounds like you are just entering that very busy stage of constantly chasing around a toddler! So fun.
I'm glad your back on-line. What a fun list of firsts. We're heading to the cabin for Christmas so we can see snow this year, and although I LOVE this season in AZ, I still have feelings of jealousy in regards to your snow and ski pass. Jim's best advice to me on skiing (that is also really hard advice) is to not be afraid to fall. So, there's my two cents. We'll have to arrange a ski vacation sometime, after you've gone pro and can make me look silly.
Loved it! So happy to have you back in the blogosphere!
Post a Comment