
Today I received a call from Jacob's primary teacher. She started off the conversation by saying "I just want to let you know about something that happened on Sunday. First of all let me begin by saying how much I love Jacob." Immediately my mind began racing. "What did Jacob do? What is an adequate consequence? He definitely needs to tell his teacher he is sorry." What she went on to tell me humbled me. "I gave the kids in the classroom a metal star to glue on their picture. Jacob was just sitting there flipping it over in his hand and I thought 'Oh boy, what is he going to do?' Then Jacob very quietly whispered in awe to another kid in the class 'Can you believe Sis Reese loves us so much that she made these for us.' And my heart just melted." My heart also melted when she told me that story. This primary teacher also mentioned a time when the kids were in class coloring and Jacob started quietly singing "Tell me the stories of Jesus." Pretty soon the whole class was singing the song and coloring.
I've always known that Jacob was sensitive to how others feel. Although lately I have been wondering if he has forgotten about that part of himself. Apparently, he has not. Thank you for reminding me to think about others' feelings more. Thank you for reminding me of who you are.

2 comments:
That is such a great story. Thank goodness for wonderful Primary teachers. I also love what Lindsey said that you want for Christmas. I want the exact same things! =)
Jacob's a keeper. Wish we all had his sensitivity and gratitude. What a great photo, too!
Post a Comment