One of my fondest memories of Easter is getting a new dress. Getting a new dress was a special thing and didn't happen very often in my house growing up. And after a long winter the spring colors were so uplifting and exciting. I guess, in a way, that dress helped me realize how important and wonderful Easter is. Keeping up with that tradition I get my kids new Sunday clothes for Easter.
Jacob picked out the sweaters and tie for he and Ethan. The colors went great with their blond hair. The pictures don't do them justice.
I ordered some argyle socks for Ethan to match the sweater. Which I thought would be really cute. (And it was.) Jacob was not convinced. He informed me not to order him any "funny looking socks." So I did as he wished (and saved some cash-o-la). However, he was singing a different tune on Easter morning. As Jacob's socks were "really cool." (When are they going to learn that mom really does know what's best? :) Note Ethan's "cool" socks in picture below.)
I let the girls pick out the pattern and fabric for their dresses. Emily and Lindsey were pretty excited that I would be making them their "beautiful" dresses. I actually was pretty excited, too. It had been a long time since I had sewn anything besides tote bags and a few simple skirts. That excitement faded a little as I sat at my sewing machine for HOURS sewing and was constantly asked if they were done yet and whose dress I was working on. Etc. The dresses were far from perfect, but they loved their new dresses and they were happy. It was all worth it. I must confess, however, that I am glad that you can't easily sew handsome boy outfits. Although Jacob really wanted a purple vest to match the girls' dresses. Maybe next year.

3 comments:
Look at how talented you are. They turned out great! I'm so jealous of your capabilities. They boys look darling as well.
Wow! I once made pajama bottoms for my girls, but that's as cool as I got. This year my kids didn't get easter dresses, because I am a lame-o. But I did do some after Easter shopping. Thanks for the update. Super cute pictures!
Very classy. I am jealous that you can sew clothing that well. I made the mistake of promising Sadie that I would sew her a dress for her baptism - and now I only have like 18 months left till she hits me up for the finished product!
Post a Comment