In our family we hold "friend" birthday parties every other year. This year was Emily's year to have a "friend" birthday party. We had a princess party. Her friends arrived dressed up. We decorated treasure boxes with stickers and jewels, made necklaces, went to a royal ball and of course had cake and ice cream and opened presents. I love having birthday parties for kids this age. They are so easy to plan and low stress. That age is excited about every little thing and content to just play.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Emily's Birthday
Emily turned 4 a few weeks ago. In honor of her birthday, I made her a castle birthday cake. (Sorry about the poor photos. I decided to take pictures at the last minute when I realized I had better document this for posterity because I am not sure when I would decorate another birthday cake. And I needed proof. Proof that I did in fact at least once fancily decorate a cake. I did have a little help with the decorating.)

In our family we hold "friend" birthday parties every other year. This year was Emily's year to have a "friend" birthday party. We had a princess party. Her friends arrived dressed up. We decorated treasure boxes with stickers and jewels, made necklaces, went to a royal ball and of course had cake and ice cream and opened presents. I love having birthday parties for kids this age. They are so easy to plan and low stress. That age is excited about every little thing and content to just play.
In our family we hold "friend" birthday parties every other year. This year was Emily's year to have a "friend" birthday party. We had a princess party. Her friends arrived dressed up. We decorated treasure boxes with stickers and jewels, made necklaces, went to a royal ball and of course had cake and ice cream and opened presents. I love having birthday parties for kids this age. They are so easy to plan and low stress. That age is excited about every little thing and content to just play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That cake is the cutest thing ever. You did an amazing job. I can't wait to be able to do stuff like that for a girl. I hope the party went well. Happy Birthday Emily.
That looks like it was a lot of fun. The cake is amazing - I tried to do one (Family Fun) a few years back for one of my girls - but it pales in comparison with yours!
Post a Comment