Friday, August 1, 2008

About Mom by Lindsey, Jacob and Emily

I thought I would post what my children think about me. Some of their answers are pretty funny and some are so accurate its scary. Jacob's comments are in blue, Lindsey's in black and Emily's in red. Editor's comments are in green. (Thanks Tara for the idea!)

1. What is something mom always says to you? 
J: Clean up
L: don’t call people on the phone
E: clean up
(Gee, I wonder what we've been working on?)

2. What makes mom happy?
J: Cleaning when she asks you
L: when she doesn’t have to punish me
E: when we get all our chores done

3. What makes mom sad?
J: Not cleaning
L: when she has to punish me
E: we’re not getting our chores done and being mean
(Do you sense the common theme?)

4. How does mom make you laugh?
J: by tickling
L: by saying something funny
E: by saying funny words

5. What was mom like as a child?
J: Reading - because she read when she was a child
L: like me
E: sits in the booster seat

6. How old is mom? (This was easy, I just had a birthday.)
J: 33
L: 33
E: 5

7. How tall is mom?
J: I think you are 10 inches
L: 4 ft 6 inches
E: This tall and an inch

8. What is mom's favorite thing to do?
J: chores
L: cook
E: cook
(I know. It was a surprise to me as well.)

9. What does mom do when you're not around?
J: goes on her bike and gives people cookies (I wish.)
L: clean all day (I wish not.)
E: watch me ride 


11. What is mom really good at?
J: making dinner and cakes
L: watching movies (??)
E: cleaning my room

12. What is mom not good at?
J: Building a house because she doesn’t build houses
L: going biking more
E: cleaning her room

13. What is mom's job?
J: Making dinner and feeding Ethan
L: to take care of the children and cook
E: to cook

14. What is mom's favorite food?
J: Jalepeno’s food
L: german chocolate
E: soup

15. What makes you proud of mom?
J: tickling me
L: how well she cooks
E: setting the table

16. What do you and mom do together?
J: go on bike rides
L: cook (She seems really focused on this for her answers. Is this a subtle hint to stop with the questions and just make dinner?)
E: weed

17. How are you and mom the same?
J: by doing the same stuff
L: we both like to watch movies and cook and read
E: I am big on the couch

18. How are you and mom different?
J: by doing different stuff
L: mommy likes to have babies and I don’t (Thankfully :) )
E: by weed, of course I’m good at pulling teeny weeds out

4 comments:

Anny Case said...

This made me laugh out loud! (Although it does sound like the only thing that goes on in your house are chores and cooking!) Glad to know, however, that you take time daily to watch movies and deliver cookies on your bike.

Tara Heiner Blog said...

I had fun doing this survery. It's so funny to see what kids will say. And little Ethan is so cute. I just want to squeeze his cheeks!!

Unknown said...

Hey - I love that idea for a blog. Sounds like you are quite the cook and homemaker! I would ask my children for their answers - but I am already scared to hear them! (What does that say about me????)

Kako said...

Glad you like to cook so much. I'm looking forward to a good meal together!