Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A whole new world!


Jacob now wears glasses. Unfortunately he inherited my genes for vision as he is far sighted with astigmatisms. He still has to patch his eye to fix the amblyopia, but the doctor thinks it will correct itself much faster now that he should be able to see better. He got the glasses this evening and was reading words on all the containers at the dinner table.
I think he could go around singing the lyrics to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.  "A whole new world. A dazzling place I never knew. But from way up here, its crystal clear that I'm in a whole new world. A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view.." 

2 comments:

Anny Case said...

I like the glasses! Jacob looks like quite the intellectual first-grader. Soon he'll be reading Shakespeare.

Unknown said...

I think that glassess on little kids are so cute. I guess that I always wanted to have some myself as a kid and never could. of course, I also wanted braces so badly that I would invent different things to put in my mouth so I could talk like those kids with new braces. Wierd!