Monday, June 2, 2008

Hair Hair Everywhere

I was under the mistaken impression that only little girls took scissors to their lovely locks. That is not the case - at least in my house. Jacob (while he was supposed to be cleaning) found some scissors and cut the top of his hair really short. (This only a few days after he spent 10 minutes in the bathroom trying to comb his hair perfect. We were late to church because of it.) Apparently he was trying to obtain the same look as our bishop who has the same look as a friar. You know the look I am referring to - the big round circle of baldness at the top of the head. To correct the haircut Rick gave Jacob a buzz. I gratefully checked on the progress of the haircut or Jacob would have had the look he was going for. Rick didn't see any problem with it since hair grows back in a few weeks. Men....


Emily not to be out shone by her siblings has decided that she too can fix her own hair. Luckily this so far has been completely repairable with a good shampooing. Granted we are practically asphyxiated by the hair spray fumes after she leaves the bathroom, but I think she is showing great promise.

3 comments:

Anny Case said...

Hair is a chronic problem in my world. No matter the length or the style, it drives me crazy. Now that I finally have grown my hair long enough to have a ponytail, I want it short again (but then I'd want it long again). The friar buzz sounds like a great idea!

Kako said...

How nice that you can just buzz a boys hair and the problem is fixed. And perfect timing, a great summer cut. I like Emily's do too. Cute kids!

Unknown said...

Sadie is really into doing her own hair now as well. She will come in with a ponytail to the side of her head and think it's bee-yoo-tee-ful! (Funny thing is - I totally remember trying to achieve that same look in the 80's) I love how blond your kid's hair is - we don't have any more blond around here. =(